Next Generation of Water Moving Technology
The Maxspect Gyre is the world`s first "gyre"- generating water moving device for aquariums. Compared to traditional powerheads and wavemakers that are based on propeller nozzle flow technology, the Maxspect Gyre is based on advanced crossflow technology which produces massive horizontal water movement leaving little to no deadspots in its wake.
MMax Flow 6,000gph | 10~80 watts | 200-1000+ gallons
Includes Single Gyre XF280 Pump and Advanced Controller
Applicable for glass or acrylic aquariums up to 1-1/4 in.
Gyre - Crossflow Technology
A) Virtually no dead spots
B) Evenly distributed flow rate throughout the entire aquarium
C) Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, ie. generating "gyre flows"
Standard Pump Propeller Nozzle Technology
A) Dead spots with relatively poor water movement
B) Very strong flow in the center, making coral placement very difficult
C) Very weak flow near the other end of the aquarium
Why gyre generator and not wavemaker?
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are in fact moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium.
On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".
Maxsepct Gyre XF280 Features:
- Unique Flow Virtually Eliminates Dead Spots
- Evenly Distributed Linear Flow
- Discrete Design
- Twin Directional Flow Cages
- Waterproof Silent Suspension Magnet Mount
- Advanced Controller with Mount
Maxsepct Gyre XF280 Specifications:
- Pump Dimensions (LxWxH): 14.8" x 3.8" x 2"
- Weight: 1.9lb
- Max. Flow Rate: 6000gph
- Power Consumption: 10w-80w
- Ideal for Aquariums: 200 - 1000gal
Maxsepct Gyre XF280 Contents:
- Gyre Pump with Magnet Mount
- Advanced Controller with mount
- Power Supply, Spare Rotors, Snail Screens, End Cap and Cages
Power Supply Unit
- Input Voltage / Current: 100\240vAC 50/60Hz
- Cable Length: 10ft controller to pump), 5ft (power supply to controller)
Gyre Advanced Controller - 2nd Generation of Gyre Control
Fully customize the flow pattern of your Maxspect Gyre pump and take advantage of simple syncing of two pumps with the ease of one intuitive controller. The new advanced controller is far-far superior than the first generation and will blow your mind with features and versatility!
- Dual Pump Operation(2nd Gyre pump required, sold separately)
- 5 Water Movement Modes
- 6 Adjustable Flow Variables
- 4 Link-up Methods
- Customizable Flow Cycles
- Two 24-Hour Preset Modes
- Battery Backup Operation
- Intricate Feed Mode
The Gyre Advanced Controller features 5 different water movements:
- Constant speed
- Gradual pulsing mode
- Random mode
- Alternating Gyre mode (2nd Gyre pump required, sold separately)
6 Adjustable Flow Variables:
- Maximum Flow
- Minimum Flow
- Maximum Flow Time
- Minimum Flow Time
- Ramp Up Time
- Wind Down time
- Lunar Tidal Cycle
- Oceanic Gyre Cycle