The KH Guardian is without a doubt one of the most innovative, exciting and ultimate game changing reef aquarium product of this centuryfrom the brilliant minds of Dr. Bridge. The KHG is an all-in-one device that automatically monitors and manages carbonate hardness values of a reef tank throughout the day. Such an instrument is often considered "the holy grail"and can dramatically simplify and improve the way we manage KH parameters of our aquatic investment.
What is Alkalinity(KH)?
Alkalinity is a means of quantifying thestability of pH in aquarium water.It is a measure of the concentration of variousnegatively charged ionic compounds (anions) suchas carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxidesin the aquarium water. Although a simple and affordable test, user error and time is taken out of the equation so that one can rest assured that their reef aquarium is safe and stable.
Why is Alkalinity Essential?
Alkalinity maintenance is a critical aspect of coral reef aquarium husbandry.If left unchecked, alkalinity can drop below a criticallevel and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than the suggested daily pH shift of +/-0.2 for marine aquaria, causing stress to livestock.In a marine aquarium, the desired alkalinity is usually between7° and 10° dKH (German carbonate hardness).
KH Guardian makes it possible to monitor the buffering capacity and automatically manage KH levels of your aquarium water in a simple all in one device
- The resolution of the Standard Edition is 0.1 dKH.
- Continuous measuring test accuracy is +/- 0.1dKH.
- Measurement range: 5 -12 dKH.
- Use only one reagent for each test. The used reagent goes directly to the aquarium without any safety concern. Each test only takes around 3 ~ 4 cc. reagent.
- Automatically calculates how much sodium bicarbonate solution should be added to the aquarium with the reference of the desired dKH target value, aquarium total water volume and current testing value. Then the controller doses the sodium bicarbonate solution accordingly.
- Automatic measuring interval can be set from 30 to 240 minutes. Each measurement takes about 3 to 7 minutes.
- Use in conjunction to an existing calcium reactor and other automatic alkalinity dosing meathods. We do recommend to slightly decrease your current dKH dosing parameters below your desired target, and let KHG do the final fine tuning for your tank automatically.
- Dimensions: 7.75" long x 5" wide x 9.75"high