These Blemish Sale Units come with the same warranty and the same great quality at a significant decrease in price for blemishes that most people will not even notice. Save some coin, as these rarely become available.
The Emerald series introduces several new features not found anywhere else. Some of the features of the Emerald sumps are:
- Interchangeable plates
- Lid to prevent splashing
- Adjustable water height
- Self-adjusting foam block platform
- Dual platforms
- Protein skimmer section
- Refugium section
- Emerald green coloring to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
EMERALD Water Flow
Water enters the EMERALD sumps into a dedicated section where the water will then flow over into Section 1. Section 1 where the interchangeable plate is located allowing for either filter sock or foam block mechanical filtration. This area is covered with a lid to prevent water splashing. Water then flows out the bottom of Section 1 into Section 2.
- Interchangeable Plates
- Each Emerald sump comes with two plates that can be placed into Section 1:
- Filter Sock Plate
- Foam Block Plate
- The filter sock plate is installed when the included 100 micron filter socks are desired.
The foam block plate is perforated with holes and comes with a foam sponge block filter. The foam block plate can be used when filter socks are not desired or in the case when the filter socks need to be changed or cleaned but replacements socks are not readily available but yet mechanical filtration is needed. In this case, simply remove the filter sock plate and install the perforated foam block plate and then place the included foam sponge block filter in place.
Adjustable Water Level
Water level in the sump is adjustable from 7” to 9.5” to accommodate for the water height requirements for different protein skimmers.
Self-Adjusting Foam Block
As the water level is adjusted by sliding the wall up and down, the foam block sponge filter and the perforated plate that it sits on will also move up and down automatically. This is important to maintain the correct location of the foam block sponge filter with respect to the sump water height.
All Emerald sumps come with a probe holder that can hold up to three probes. The two outside holes are 0.63” in diameter and the center hole is 0.8” in diameter to fit different sized probes.
All Emerald sumps also come with 4 holes in the top support brace for holding in place 1/4” OD tubing from reactors, dosing pumps, ATO, etc.
Emerald Green 26" Specifications:
- Dimensions: 26” long x 13” wide x 15” high
- Drain Input Fittings: 1
- Mechanical Filter: 1 4” filter sock and/or foam block
- Skimmer Section: 8.25” x 10”
- Center/Refugium Section: 7.75” x 12.5”
- Return Pump Section: 5” x 12.5”
- Total Water Volume: 20.4 gallons
- Skimmer Water Level: 7” - 9.5” adjustable